Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Peek at my week... and what I've been up to

I'm linking up for "A Peek at my Week" with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings. I haven't posted in awhile with the craziness of everything, so I thought this would be a great chance to show what I've been up to.


School related:
I just LOVE teaching 2nd graders this year.  It is, however, a huge difference from fourth grade.  Not only the kids, but the planning and prepping.  I'm exhausted from it all.  We've been focusing on narrative elements and fairy tales and read some great stories.  We read different versions of Cinderella, The Three Little Pigs, and Jack and the Beanstalk.  This week we are going to focus on Tall Tales.  Thank goodness for TPT, otherwise I'd still be lesson planning.
In math, we are finishing up our first chapter on addition and subtraction incorporating both the NYS Modules and My Math (a new series we got this year).  It is so time consuming to plan!!

Non-school related:
My mother is the BEST!  She has been here being my "nanny" for two weeks now.  She and my dad moved to North Carolina a year ago! :(  Anyway, my husband is still working nights, but only for one more week!!! And with coaching volleyball and taking administrative classes, I couldn't do it all.  I'm so grateful that she was able to drive up and help me!

Hopefully I'll get some pictures of what we've been doing and share soon! I don't know how you all keep up with blogging!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have your mom there to help you! Where would we be without our moms???

    Thanks for linking up. Have a great week!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete