Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Talk about Me...



I am linking up with Blog Hoppin for:


I just love this!  If you follow me you might already know some of this!

1.  This will be my first year teaching 2nd grade! I've been teaching for 7 years and all were in fourth except one year when I taught 5th grade S.S. and Writing.  I am so excited to be teaching the little ones.

2.  I will be starting a grad program at SUNY Stony Brook in Administration Leadership. I really want to be a curriculum leader and maybe a principal, so I've decided to start now!  I might regret this later!!! haha!

3.  I coach Varsity volleyball at my school and just love it! The girls are fabulous and so much fun to coach, I just can't quit even though it is a lot since it is in the beginning of the school year!

4.  I teach at the same school I went to school with, a small rural town in upstate NY.  This year I'll actually be working with my 2nd grade teacher!! How fun!

5.  I am obsessed with organizing. Enough said.

6. I've been married for almost 8 years to my fabulous and supportive husband!  We started dating in high school over 14 years ago!

7.  We have 2 beautiful daughters.  Cali is 5 and will be going to kindergarten! Sniff, sniff.  Adelyn is 2 1/2 and will go to a two year old preschool class this year, twice a week.  She wanted to be like her big sister!!

8.  We are continuing to remodel our house. It is a long project (6 years in the making), but are more than halfway done.  I can't wait until it is done!!

9.  I LOVE the beach... who doesn't?? And just got back from a vacation visiting my parents who live an hour away from the beach in North Carolina.

10.  I just LOVE to shop.... and to find deals. I am constantly trying to find things for my classroom. Like today when I went to the grocery store and picked up 2 huge round containers...

Well that is it for me!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Blog Hoppin’ Teacher Week! The summer went too fast and I cannot believe it is that time of year again!

    I grew up in NY! Moved to VA 19 months ago. Where in upstate are you teaching?

    Check out my Monday: Let’s Talk About the Teacher blog post!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach in Oakfield-Alabama, about 10 minutes outside Batavia, which is right between Buffalo and Rochester. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica!! You will have to let me know how you like 2nd grade! Two teachers will be retiring soon in that grade and I keep thinking in the back of my mind that it is not a "test year". They are still using the modules but it had to be SO different come March when there is not the test hanging over that grade. Seriously, the upper elementary are so stressed out in the spring and the primary seem so happy. Maybe I am just dreaming that though:)

    Your girls are just adorable in the Saturday Snapshots. I can't believe you drove the three kids all under the age of 5 solo! You go girl!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely share a passion for shopping :) Good luck teaching 2nd grade.. I'm sure you will rock it! Glad I found you through the linky :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete