Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It... a bunch of planning done! phew!

Hey everyone, I'm linking up with Tara's Monday Made It!  

I didn't get too many "projects" done, but I did accomplish a ton of planning, since I still can't get into my room and unpack!  They haven't even cleaned it yet! I'm starting to freak out a little!

Anyways, I finished my Fairy Tales and Tall Tale Unit for the first 5 weeks of school, along with my first unit in Grammar (Sentences).  Thank goodness for TPT and all of the great people on there! I found so many good things to use, both free (yippee!) and paid!
Here is my Fairy Tale and Tall Tale Unit Binder:






I also repainted my pizza pans to use for Daily 5 this year and then painted some more clothespins to use for my Behavior Clip Chart. I'm excited to use this in my new room. I've used a variety of different behavior systems over the years, and this seems to be a good fit for me.



I got some great retelling sticks from Keeping it Captivating. I decided to use them (shrunk down first) to put behind the glass stones I bought last week. I'm going to have the kids pull one out of a container to practice parts of a story.


Well, that is my Monday Made It! My goal is to try to wrap up my Daily 5 plans for the first few weeks of school and then move on to planning writing.  Our new math series hasn't arrived yet, so I can't really start to plan that yet.

I'm off to visit my parents in North Carolina with my girls on Thursday, by myself, since my husband can't get the time off! And yes, we are driving the 12 hours! Wish me luck! I'll be busy with an interviewing committee Wednesday morning and curriculum planning on Thursday... Crossing my fingers to get a lot done this week!!











4 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to finish a big project that will make your life easier down the road? Love your fairy tale binder! Have a safe trip!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your for starting with planning! I have spent so much time just getting my room ready that I need to kick it into gear with the curriculum! :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fairy tales! It probably feels so good to be that organized and ready for the school year to start!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across this... love how you used the stones! So creative!

    ReplyDelete