Monday, July 1, 2013

Made it Monday!

I'm so proud of myself for actually posting often, of course it is summer, so it is a lot easier.  Today I'm linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It!! I'm so excited that I actually got things done on my first week of vacation.
 

I finally got my personal laminator in the mail and printed a ton of things for my new 2nd grade classroom!  Here is the pile of lamination to be cut out (sorry the pic is a little blurry):



So my first project was printing and cutting out time pieces to go around my clock.  I got these from Ginger Snaps last year and didn't really need them since I taught fourth grade ELA only. 

My second project was cutting out organization labels for all of my supplies.  They currently just have sticky notes on the bins since I didn't know how to organize them.  I also have to adjust the shelves in my new room for all of the supplies since my bins don't find correctly.

Up next was my behavior clip it chart. I wanted to make this last summer, but my team was using a different management system.  I can't wait to spray my clips and get them ready for my new kiddos!  If you want this clip it chart head on over to TPT and visit A Cupcake for the Teacher for FREE! I just love it, even though it isn't just pink, green, and black like my classroom decor! It is too cute!

Then I edited and printed new labels for my seasonal/monthly bins. I didn't have bins and was always digging to find holiday materials or my calendar pieces so I bought some bins to house all of that. I was going to divide them into 4 bins since then it would be evenly stacked, but after starting, I decided I'll just go back and purchase another bin for May and June. 

My last project was a purchase from That's So Second Grade TPT store.  I wanted a new way to store all of my math games, activities etc and saw that she created these cute labels that can go on organizing drawers. So again I dragged my husband and kids to the store to buy 3 sets of drawers just for math! But everything should fit in those bins!! And if not, my plan is to put a chart in the bin to remind me where I stored the extra game that wouldn't fit.  Head over to That's So Second Grade on TPT to pick up your labels! 


So I think I was pretty productive for my first real Monday Made it Linky party!!! Hopefully I'll have something next week, but no guarantees since we'll be camping Wednesday through Saturday and then boating Sunday.  Can't wait to relax! 

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the seasonal/monthly bins. I need to do that! It is sooo much easier to post during the summer. This is my first Monday Made It. Thanks for sharing, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, you have certainly been very busy! I like the idea about the bins...I am putting that on my to-do list. In fact, I just bookmarked your page so I won't forget!
    Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair
    Share the Bloglovin’!

    ReplyDelete