Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wow, where have I been??

This time of year is completely crazy and added on top of that I also have a student teacher.  If you've ever had one you know how time consuming it is.  Mine is doing a good job and the next two weeks are her solo weeks.  I couldn't believe that she has 2 WHOLE weeks, but it will be very good for her to practice and a good learning experience.  I am excited to get ahead with new lessons and plan everything I have to teach before the NYS ELA test in late April.

I am linking up today with Diane at Fifth in the Middle who is hosting a linky where bloggers link up by state.  Check it out, if you haven't already.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I was looking back at an old post and came across one of your comments:) We just started our two week break and then the tests start one week after we come back...dun dun dun!! I had my first student teacher last year and it was a lot of work! I let her take over SS and science but she didn't start ELA or math until those tests were over. She was with me for her last placement until May thought.

    I don't know how many of use WNY bloggers there are but we should try to do some kind of meet up this summer! I am so jealous of all the other states that seem to have meet ups all the time:)
    Good luck with the tests! I'm sure they are going to be SO tough on the kids:(
    Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and am now a follower! I am also from WNY. I taught fourth, but this year I am moving to 2nd grade.
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I am moving down to 2nd too this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete