Sunday, December 9, 2012

Yes, I'm still here...

So I don't know how you teachers out there with kids keep up with checking your favorite blogs, let alone keep up with your own blog. I have been busy planning new units to match the common core, while keeping up with my family.  So if you have any suggestions on how to do it, please share!

We have been busy in school and created a cute little craft to go along with learning how to write summaries.  ( I forgot to take pictures, but will try this week ) We are just finishing up a mini-unit on Greek mythology, including allusions.  Tomorrow and Tuesday we will be watching Disney's Hercules and compare/contrast the movie to what we know about Hercules, while watching for anything we learned in our mythology unit.  I highly recommend the Greek Mythology unit from Nicole Shelby which you can find here. I just absolutely LOVE her stuff and used many items from her FABULOUS unit!

I'm off to finish some lessons for the week and try to wrap some Christmas presents later! Have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog fellow WNYer:) I am totally with you on finding it so tough to keep up with blog stalking, blogging, teaching, and my own two kids (ages 2 and 5). I feel like I am constantly on a motor and I am doing some type of schoolwork every night until I literally cannot keep my eyes open. I wish I could create more TPT products but I don't have any time! I have enough trouble printing and keeping up with the items I find and buy. To make matters worse, there is almost no time to grade any papers at school and I have a stack to grade every night. There has to be a better way. My one comfort is knowing that I am not alone in this journey:) Sorry for the longest comment ever!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete