Monday, July 9, 2012

Yay for Monday Made It!!!!

I am linking up to Tara's Made it Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I couldn't wait for Monday to come??? Well of course, this WON'T happen when school starts! I have been busy planning lots of crafty things for my new updated classroom, plus today I got an email saying I could go into my room since it is cleaned AND moved!!! Yay!  My teacher friends will think I am crazy, but I love my job and can't wait to redecorate!  Anyway, here is what I have been up to! (Sorry the pictures aren't that great)

After being inspired by Tara's "Believe" sign, I had to make my own with my name on it to hang on my classroom door!  I bought an 8 x 10 piece of canvas, used my Cricut to cut circles, and then ran the sticky paper (again I LOVE it) through the Cricut and just peeled off the letters for my name.  Of course, then I used Mod Podge and then attached ribbon.  The finished product:


Love it!!!!!


My other project was the popular pinned "READ" letters decorated.  Since I am only going to be teaching reading this year, I thought they would look cute in my room.  I bought the letters from Michael's and used scrapbook paper to match my new colors.  I then used Mod Podge too.   I think I still need to add something to them since they are a little plain, so I'll be on the lookout for something.  The finished product:



21 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used. They turned out fabulous!
    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Thanks for sharing.
    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign and letters came out great! Tara inspired me as well. I made both last week too! Check out my post if you get a chance. I'm your newest follower!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,
    Thanks for linking up;) Your READ signs turned out awesome and I love your name sign for your classroom. I am dying to get into my room too. It's small and I hope all my new goodies fit!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your letters and sign are adorable!! I think we have the same classroom colors :)
    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your sign and letters! I'm so thankful that I have a Cricut- I can't believe I used to trace letters and cut them out by hand!! I also made the letters for READ even though I don't know where I'm going to put them!! Right now they are on my living room bookcase!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both your projects. They are awesome. I was just in western New York, and took some great pictures of clouds. I posted them on my blog. I would love to have you come and visit.

    I am also one of your newest followers!
    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute projects! I'm your newest follower.


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little award for you. Come over and check it out! Congrats!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute sign!
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sign - so cheerful! I'm your newest follower!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog and guess what?!? I am awarding you with The Versatile Blogger award. Come over to my blog and pick it up!!!

    :) Elise
    Hangin' Out In Third Grade
    http://hanginoutinthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I am one of your newest followers. I wanted to let you know that I love your blog and I am awarding you with the Liebster Blog award. Please stop my blog to pick it up whenever you get a chance.

    :) Nicole Corbitt
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I just happened to come across your blog and couldn't believe you are from Western New York! I am too!!! I am also a fourth grade teacher and just started blogging when school ended in June. I decided to start my own blog to make it more meaningful and I have learned a lot in a short time. I will be checking back often to see what my fellow WNYer is up to:) Happy blogging!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for WNY!!!! So great to hear from another WNYer!!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Hi Jessica,
    I love your blog and your Monday Made It ideas!! I am so doing the clipboard container idea. Where did you get the container and do they have red?

    I just awarded you the Versatile Blog Award. I am giving it to newbie bloggers like me. Head on over to my blog to get your award!
    Crystal
    Ms Jones Junction

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving both of your crafts/projects...adorable! =)

    I am so happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete