Monday, July 16, 2012

Yay for another Made it Monday!!!



I am linking up again with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for another Made it Monday!  Thank you so much Tara for this great idea.  It has really made me get some things done over my summer vacation.

This week I was very busy and crafted (is that a word??) a bunch of items and still have a bunch that aren't done.  I am busily trying to get the crafty items done in the next week or so in order to start working on creating my new curriculum.  We will see if this works!!! Crossing my fingers that I can stay organized and on top of my to do list AND do some fun things this summer with my girls.

Here is what I was up to this week (Sorry the pictures aren't very good):

Project #1:

 I bought some more letters to spell the word READ.  This time I found letters at Michael's for about $1.  What a deal!! Unfortunately I couldn't find green ones to match the pinkish colored ones, so I bought some spray paint and sprayed two hot pink and two hot green so they would match my classroom.  Here is the finished product:


Project #2:
My next project was to make a new rule posters. I was inspired by some Pinterest ideas of having each rule on a separate circle.  Here they are without ribbon that I will be adding once my classroom is organized.  (I haven't decided where to put them yet, since my new SmartBoard hasn't been installed yet)




Project #3:
Another project was making some new pillows.  I bought some sheets from Walmart and but them to fit pillows from JoAnn's that my mom gave me before she moved to North Carolina this summer.  I actually sewed them myself without too much difficulty since I haven't sewed since I was a teenager.  My VERY crafty mom was very proud and I only had to call her 3 times to figure out how to unjam the sewing machine!!!



Project #4:
I made a mailbox for my desk for notes from students.  (It still needs something around the knob to open the door, since my cutting a hole in the paper didn't turn out so good.)  Otherwise I think it is cute!!!




Project #5: (work in progress....)
I am also working on "curtains" to cover some open cupboards along the edge of my windows as well as recovering some chairs and a stool.  I bought the wrong staples so I am back to Home Depot this week to get the right ones and then to JoAnns for more material since I ran out.  Here is a peek at the material:






11 comments:

  1. I love the mailbox! What a great idea! It is adorable. By the way, I am a new follower.
    Happy Teaching,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Wow! I love all of your ideas. The mailbox is so fabulous! I am a new follower.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mailbox! Where did you get it? I'd love to make one for my class!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the mailbox from JoAnn's in the "wood" items section!

      Delete
  4. Great stuff! Glad I found your blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ✣ Miss Nelson✣
    Miss Nelson’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mailbox and your rules signs. Very cute. I am pinning your mailbox.
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun mailbox! You've been crafting up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been one busy person. I love the rule board idea. You did a great job on the pillows.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO many cute things! I just made my own read letters - first craft project - yikes!!

    Just found your blog :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Lots of projects! Love your letters and your rules signs:))) Your mailbox is too cute:) Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete