Monday, July 30, 2012

WoooHoo for Monday Made it!

Yay for Monday Made It!
I'm not sure if this linky party is a good thing for me, since I keep buying new items to complete other projects.  It is NOT good on the bank account, however I am enjoying making fun and cute projects for my new classroom makeover!!! I can't help it! 

Project #1:  This week I wrapped up the curtains I made to hide the open shelving in my classroom.  Here are some pictures of them up!



Project #2: I made some buckets to hold my pens and markers up at the front of my classroom. I found the buckets already in the color I wanted at Michael's for $0.70 each on clearance!!!  I couldn't find any cute flowers to add, so I had to spend $5 on these two! Wow, I couldn't believe how expensive they were, but I love the buckets!




Project #3:  These "pizza pans" don't look like much now, but I sprayed 5 of them, 3 lime green and 2 hot pink and added some ribbon to hang up.  I am going to use them with magnets for the kids to choose their Daily 5/Center round each day!  Hopefully they will work for what I want!  Once my SmartBoard gets put back up in my new room these will go under it (I'll post final pictures when my classroom is done!)


Project #4:  This is my half done project.  I forgot to bring my screw driver to school to take the back off this chair in order to recover it. So from this picture you see the half "before" and the final bottom of my chair.  The material matches the curtains.



Project #5:  I finally made some bunting to hang over my windows.  These are some pictures of part of it! I can't wait to hang it up.  Anyone have any suggestions of how to hang it???




That is all for now.  The rest of my week consists of 3 days of regional test making, finishing more "curtains" and fabric to go around an ugly cupboard and a round table!  Then we are off to North Carolina on Saturday for a week!!!! YAY!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm working on my bookshelf curtains this week! Wish me luck! Yours look great:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I can't wait to see what they look like!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You have been busy!! I am going to attempt a curtain for under a table and a few valances. I may try the hot glue gun since I stink at sewing. I have noticed some good posts lately about hot gluing to make curtains...hmmm.... Have a great vacation!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I am no good at sewing (shhh, don't tell my mom!), and it really wasn't that hard to do!

      Delete
  3. I made a bunting this weekend too, well, finishing now. I'm going to try to hang it with velcro pieces, so I won't have to drill a hole and tie it. We'll see how it works!

    Fourth Grade Fanatics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out TeachingMaddeness. She just hung a bunting with duct tape and has pictures on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your chair makeover. It looks great! teachingfourth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete