Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Monday Made it!


I am super excited to be linking up again with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made It!  ( I would have linked up earlier today, my I crazily pulled my darling little girls around for a 2 mile bike ride in the heat... yes I am crazy!!) 

This week I have been working on a ton of common core curriculum "stuff" and trying to plan out my first novel, "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing".  I am also still trying to figure out how to incorporate aspects of the Daily 5, CAFE, and The Book Whisperer into my new classroom.  

And about that new classroom, I received an email the 1st week of July saying my classroom was clean and all my stuff had been moved, except now they are waxing/cleaning the floors and I can't get to it!  I have sooo much stuff to do in there before September, and I know it is still only July, but at the end of this week I have two planning days, regional curriculum days next week to attend, then our vacay to North Carolina, then my coaching starts mid August.  After that I only have half days and I would still like to spend time with my girls.  Phew!!! I can't believe that school will be here before we know it! Anyway, on to my projects for the week:

Project #1:
I created a WELCOME sign, inspired by Tara at 4th Grade Frolics, except that I used scrapbook paper and those awesome sticky letters from my Cricut machine!!!  I laminated them and then used cute ribbon to attach.  I can't wait to hang it up outside my door!!!
(My phone really isn't taking very good pictures... the colors are hot pink, hot green, and black... my new classroom colors!!!)

Project #2:
I have been working on making those Sterlite plastic containers cuter, but since they are stuck in my classroom this project isn't finished!  Here are the sheets that will go in the front of the drawers.  I made 3 sets, one for each of my classes.  The kiddos will turn in their work in these drawers. 


Project #3:
I ordered large plastic containers to but the kiddos' writing folders in, so I made a couple of quick labels to go on the outside for each section of my ELA classes.


That is it for today's Monday Made It!! I am still working on more curtains for the ugly cupboards and then onto some picture frames... as long as the girls take a good nap today!!!   Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Love the welcome sign! I made one this week too!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start! I love getting these little touches done...not everyone notices, but I sure do!

    I'd love to have you swing by my blog sometime...I'm a fourth grade teacher as well!

    Nikki
    uncommontothecore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas... just wish everyone who blogged would stop using that cursive font. It's so hard to read. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind!!! It was MY computer!! Blonde moment. Please excuse :-)

      Delete
  4. Hey fellow WNY 4th grade teacher!! I made a welcome sign this week too for one of the projects on my first Monday Made It! I can really relate to your comment about the girls taking a nap...I blog when I get a chance and the kids are sleeping. I have not seen any other bloggers from NY in my short couple weeks and it is so weird to read how everyone is going back in 2 weeks and their rooms are almost ready. My floors won't be waxed until mid-August I'm sure! Happy blogging!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there again! I nominated you for a blog award! Stop by to pick it up:)
      ~Holly
      Fourth Grade Flipper

      Delete
  5. The labels for your drawers are very cute!!

    Jessica
    www.wildandfuninprek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I'm your newest follower! Hot pink and lime green are my classroom colors this year too...I'm also mixing in some purple and a funky blue color plus some owls!

    I really like those READ letters. I bought the same ones from Michaels, but I bought CREATE. I'm putting them up with some frames around them that have clothespins hot glued on for those pictures and notes kids always give their teacher. I liked the colors I got, but I did spray paint one letter that was not a good color.

    I look forward to reading more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects! I am stopping by to let you know I have given you the One Lovely Blog award. You can stop by and pick it up anytime!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the things that you created. Your cakes are amazing! You are so talented. I am nominating you for an award. Stop by my blog to get it.
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used ideas from the book whisperer last year in my 4th grade class. I challenged my kids the first week of school to read 30 books of differing genres by the end of the year (3 mystery, 3 sci fi, 3 historical fiction, 3 informational text...) Six out of my twenty kids finished the challenge! All of my kids tried new genres they never would have chosen before. Best of all, my kids learned about many types of genre and used the terms all year.

    ReplyDelete