Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Homework Club

One of my favorite individual classroom incentives is Homework Club.  I started this my first year of teaching to encourage students to do their homework each night assigned.  In order to become a member each month, you must complete all assignments.  Then you get your name on our Homework Club wall (see pictures below), a treat, a certificate, and are able to eat in our classroom for lunch one day with all of the other kiddos who earned it.  At the beginning of each month the slate is wiped clean and you can try again.  Over the years I have only had a small number of kids actually make it all year and this year I had 10 out of 24! I couldn't believe it!!! So proud of these kids!


The wall




Their name is put on a "holiday" or "season" themed die-cut and hung under the month.




Maybe this might be something you might want to try to encourage homework to be done and not forgotten! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! It is so hard to get some kids to do homework on their own...will be trying this! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete