Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homeworkopoly

So I haven't posted in awhile as I am trying to still figure out this whole blogging thing. I LOVE blog stalking and seeing how awesome all of those blogs look... mine however, looks terrible...  So I'm been thinking about what to share with everyone, and decided to take a picture of my labor of love from 5 years ago.  When trying to find an idea to encourage completion of homework, I found a website with an idea for Homeworkopoly.

Here is what mine looks like:

How it works:
If kids complete their homework from the night before they get to roll a large die.  They then use their game piece to move that many spaces around the game board.  If they land on "Free Homework Pass" they get one to use on any one assignment (unless specified otherwise).  They can also land on "Chance" and pick a chance card and do what it says (move to a specific place, move ahead, or backwards).  Some years we do really have to monitor the board so kids don't cheat.  But since I have started using it, it was really encouraged completion of homework each night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment